Well it is officially 50 degrees here on the lake which means that spring is here, finally! Spring brings so many things that I enjoy… sun, warmer weather, rain storms, planning and planting my garden. However, with spring comes one thing I absolutely dread… spring cleaning! Spring cleaning was a big deal growing up. My family would spend hours on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, getting our house in shape for the season. My mom was an extremely eco-conscious woman, way ahead of her time if you ask me! She passed down the tricks of her trade and her passion for being as natural as possible to me. I wanted to highlight some of my favorite cleaning materials and also some great “green” blogs that have tips for how to spring clean without contaminating your house with harmful chemicals. My personal faves for natural cleaning are:
1) White vinegar
2) Baking Soda
4) Cream of Tartar
Anyway, here are a few things that I love:
- If you are wondering where to start in spring cleaning, start in your kitchen with this step by step process.
- Want to stay up on Green living?
- Wondering how to use vinegar, lemons and other household items for cheap, easy cleaning?
- Learn to make your own cleaning products here!
- Here are general tips for this cleaning season.
- Did you know this about Cream of Tartar?
Even if you aren’t into “green” living, these are great ways to clean without having to spend lots of your hard earned cash on cleaning products! Do you have other eco-friendly products that you use? Share a favorite ingredient with us!