I am a bona fide bookworm.
If you know me now, this does not surprise you one itty bitty bit.
However, if you knew me approximately 6 years ago, you would be picking up your jaw off the ground right now. Serious shock would be occurring in your mind and memory of who I used to be.
I hated reading. So much so that in elementary school, we had a class project where for each book we read, we were able to fill out a card and hang it on the wall. The goal was to make a train (actually it was a worm… you know, like bookworm?) around the room. For every time the worm circled the room, we got a pizza party. Well obviously I had a dilemma…. I LOVED pizza and LOATHED reading. So what’s a girl to do?? Read the first 5 pages and the last 5 pages and call it a day. Duh.
Now looking back, I feel terrible about this. Especially realizing how wrong it was that I even got an award for the biggest reader one month. I know, I know. If I could go back and smack sense into my fake-reading, pizza loving, Tazmanian Devil obsessed, horrible haircut loving self I would… but I can’t. No I didn’t read the entire series of Goosebumps. Did my teacher honestly think I could read ALL of the Left Behind for Kids in one month??
I’ve changed. I’m a changed woman. I love reading. I currently have 6 books on my bedside table. Me the lying, cheating, reader-of-the-month award stealing, book fraud has a pile of books on her night stand. Miracles really can happen…
Here’s the list of books that I am reading…
1. Nikon D3000 Field Guide…another gift from the hubster…helping me achieve one of my resolutions.
2. A Visit from the Goon Squad… picked this up in a bookstore in Traverse City, MI last week. It’s a Pulitzer Prize winner. Enough said.
3. Plate to Pixel... one of my Christmas gifts from J. Loving this one.
4. Wuthering Heights… struggling to make it through…
5. Water for Elephants… okay, technically I just finished this book but it was amazing so I’m going to include it anyhow.
6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix... this is a comfort read. Even though I’ve read it like a bajillion-million umpteen times, I still love it. It’s worn. Very worn.
Here’s what is on my list…
1. Food Styling by Delores Custer
2. Decoded by Jay Z… Note: this was a suggestion from another blogger… obviously, a strange pick for me since I’m more into The Civil Wars then Jay Z but she assures that it’s a good one.
3. Pie: A Global History… My amazing sister-in-law gave J and I this for Christmas. Since we are starting our pie project again, she thought it might be handy… can’t wait to read this one!