We slept with our windows open last night… it was amazing.
Until 5 a.m. when it starting hailing and storming…
I haven’t slept that peacefully since the last time we opened the windows at night… last August.
I’ve never really experienced a true Spring before… in the South we go from 30 degree weather to 80 degree weather within days….
There was never an in between.
I woke up this morning with a child-like giddiness at the cool refreshing air and the sunny post-storm sky. Nothing could wreck my morning… not even… puffy, itchy eyes.
Yep, I said it. I was bit by the allergy bug last night in my sleep.
Scratchy throat and itchy eyes…. but you know what?? I wouldn’t trade it. I love living with the windows open too too much.
So what’s a girl to do??
Start researching natural ways to prevent allergies, of course.
I came across this article from TLC Family. I thought it had some awesome things to try to keep the pollen away.
Now, I’m not saying that all of these things are full proof, but here are some suggestions that I found and just HAD to share with you…
- Wash your hair at night… now we all know I’m not a huge proponent of hair washing every night, but I’m willing to suck it up during this crazy pollen producing time.
- Pipe in the Peppermint…tea that is. Not only is it a soothing decongestant, it also has anti-inflammatory and mild antibacterial characteristics!
- Breathe the Steam… take about 5-10 minutes to inhale steam… it’ll soothe your sinuses
- Say Wassup’ to Wasabi… Horseradish is awesome at promoting mucus flow (not an everyday sentence) so pile it on your sushi or stack in on your sandwich…
- Love on Local Honeybees…There is some debate on whether on not this really works but if you eat honey regularly, why not switch to local? You might reap the benefits!