Boy do I have a treat for you today.
I’ve been on a protein shake kick all week long and today… today was my masterpiece.
It’s the best one I’ve made yet. I’m sitting here on my porch sipping away and I knew I just had to share it with you.
The original recipe called for a couple of things that I wasn’t super fond of so I changed them. I really don’t like artificial sweeteners, no matter how “natural” they may be so I avoid them at all cost. I substituted the recommended amount of Stevia with Just Fruit strawberry jam. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (my faves are Chobani and Fage)
- 1 Scoop protein powder (I use MLO super high protein vanilla)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract (I love the flavor of almond but if you’re a little sensitive to it, feel free to cut back to 1/4 tsp)
- 1 tbsp. sugar-free vanilla pudding
- 2 tbsp. strawberry jam (I used Just Fruit from Kroger)
- 3/4 cup water (more or less to taste)
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum–Optional! (I like super thick shakes and just happen to have Xanthan Gum since I make gluten-free foods. If you don’t have any, don’t worry, it’ll be just as delicious without it)
Put all the ingredients in an blender and enjoy.
This seriously was the bees knees. I struggle with breakfast because I eat and then it feels like an hour later I’m starving. This week, since I’ve been trying out these protein shakes, I’ve been full all morning long and have decreased my snacking.
So all in all, by my calculations this shake has approximately 280 calories and about 35 grams of protein… not a bad way to start off the day, huh?
On another note, I’ve become obsessed with Sleepytime Vanilla tea. I can’t believe I’ve just discovered this. Do any of you know what I’m talking about?? Seriously the best 3 nights of sleep I’ve gotten in awhile and it’s just from a tea!
Okay, I’m off to clean up the mess I made in the kitchen.
Have a great Thursday friends!